Monday, October 2, 2017

Birthday Blessings



Happy Birthday to Me . . . October 1, 2017

82 and all is well.

 
Started day at 1 am, counting my blessings and eating petit fours from Friday lunch with family. Love, laughter, reminiscing fun times, such as a conversation at my 70th birthday celebration.

My brother, Randy, asked what was different from when I was 60. I replied, “Well, it takes me ten minutes longer to mow the lawn!”

I continue to be blessed. Still cutting lawn with 14” cordless electric mower. Eating right. Walking—a lot. (Two miles up and down hills today Exercising. Encouraging others. Prayer journaling (getting ready to start journal #33). Revising out-of-print books for electronic and new print editions. Designing sample covers--what fun!
  
I am eternally grateful for

·       God, Who gives us the freedom to choose. Several Christmases ago, my niece and her husband made a beautiful plaque for my mantel. On dark wood, it reads: Each of us is an Innkeeper, who decides if there is room for Jesus.~  
·     
      A multitude of cherished family members and friends
·       A warm and cozy home in a neighborhood where I feel safe
·       A sound mind (well, most of the time—grin)
·       Posting to my blog, Reece’s Ramblings

I can’t do everything I once could, such as climbing onto the roof to clean it, but appreciate the many things I can do. Words from a beloved hymn describe my Heavenly Father’s never-ending care:

“Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside . . .
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, Unto me.”

I rejoice and eagerly look forward to what this next year will bring.

 C😊lleen



2 comments:

Renee Riva said...

Happy Birthday yesterday Colleen!!!
I'm so glad you are in my world. What would I be if not a writer, and where would my writing be without you??? Xox renee

Colleen L. Reece said...

This makes my day, pal! There are few things more exciting than to see someone I have been able to encourage going after their dreams. Remember Penny Lent's advice: Be persistent. Be polite. Perseverance pays off. It really does! Penny is the gal who published my Writing Smarter, not Harder, The Workbook Way and the YA Edition of it handbooks.