Sunday, June 14, 2020

PRACTICING WHAT I PREACH! #Marketing

Do things you've said often haunt you? If so, read on.

 

Last week, I was saddened to learn that the editor/publisher of Guardian Angel Press is being forced to shut down after 15 highly successful years. COV-19 has taken another toll.

GAP has done nearly a dozen of my children/YA/family-oriented titles, including five rollicking collections of stories from my childhood as Colleen Reece Chapbooks.


I was also disappointed because the last two of the contracted-for Chapbooks wouldn't be published. Rights would be returned. Later that morning, the advice my co-author niece, Julie Reece-DeMarco, and I  gave in our recent inspirational book Doorways and Windowsills: Finding Sunlight after Storms, popped into my mind."Don't stare at closed doors. Search for open windows." Why not combine books 6 and 7 and see if my editor at Winged Publications could use?

I rushed to my computer, got an immediate go-ahead, and stepped over the windowsill into a new opportunity. The Remembrance Book: Two Heart-warming Family Stories is now available on Kindle and as a print book.

Laura Ingalls Wilder, beloved author of the Little House books, said, “If I had a remembrance book, I'd write about . . . Pa and Mr. Hanson and how they walked and looked and talked and how we wondered what they said.”

Colleen L. Reece combines two exciting remembrance books to delight readers of all ages.
Join Carol (Colleen) and her family on a 3500- mile Vagabond Summer driving trip. Encounter car trouble, a bear, two parades, a prairie dog town, lions roaring in the night, and much more.

See how Wishbooks and Promises brighten the family’s lives, along with their wonderful lamp, a mysterious friend for Carol, an uncle’s desperate prayer, and Carol’s daring plan to get a bicycle when her parents cannot afford to buy her one.

Chapters shows God’s loving care and can be used for bed-time reading or as part of family devotions.




 
 
It pays to practice what you preach. I did--and have another fun-filled, exciting book.


The "Remembrance" Book: Two Heart-warming Family Stories by [Colleen L. Reece]


5 comments:

judy said...

I love the cover of The Remembrance Book. Also your reference to Laura Ingalls Wilder. When I started reading the stories via my Kindle for PC, they reminded me of an old favorite by Madeleine L'Engle, The Moon By Night, a YA published c. 1960 about a 10-week cross-country camping trip. Lots of fun to read family adventures. I just finished the roaring lion chapter (:

Colleen L. Reece said...

Thanks for great response! I am so glad the final two of the series didn't have to remain unpublished. "The Moon by Night" sounds really good.

Linda Weaver Clarke said...

I love the idea of having two stories in one book. It's like a bonus to have two in one. Haha. Love it. Congratulations!

Colleen L. Reece said...

Thanks, Linda. The fact the second is with the same characters is a plus.

judy said...

I reviewed The Remembrance Book on Amazon. Lovely stories.