Sunday, July 26, 2020

A Long Time Coming #She's Back! #series finale

. . . Breaking News . . .

JULI SCOTT, SUPER SLEUTH, IS BACK!

Bellingham, Washington's answer to Nancy Drew, and her mystery-solving friends from the Mysterious Monday through Saturday Scare series, confront their most baffling case.

Sunday Suspicion (A Juli Scott Mystery Book 7) by [Colleen L. Reece]

 Juli, her best friend Shannon (with her "Rileyism" misquotes), Juli's boyfriend Dave, and the rest of the Lunch Bunch join together to disprove the Sunday Suspicion
 surrounding their beloved high school principal. 

Accused of misconduct. overwhelmed by what appears to be incontrovertible evidence of wrong-doing, Mr. S. Miles, AKA "Mr. Smiles," is placed on temporary suspension. Can the sleuthing skills developed while ferreting out clues and resolving previous mysteries be enough to track down whoever is behind the accusations? Will  God again help the faithful friends in their quest for truth and justice?

Sunday Suspicion is the long-awaited, multi-requested finale to the highly-praised Juli Scott Mystery series.

Author's note: Books 1-6 of this series came out in the late 1990s. Changes in editorial policy prevented me from doing Book 7. Winged Publications issued revised editions in 2015 and  the editor asked for a Sunday title. I wasn't writing new novels due to (highly successful) cancer surgery and treatment. 

For the past few years, I have revised numerous previously-published books and written some short gift books. I sometimes wondered if I would ever have the energy to create plots and characters for new fiction. Several weeks ago, I realized that God had restored my strength. Juli and her friends patiently waited for me to continue their lives, picking up where I left them at the end of Saturday Scare.

I thanked God and began writing Sunday Suspicion. It was like meeting old friends as they came alive in the story. Plot twists arose; some worked, others were rejected. I laughed and cried, felt depressed, puzzled, and angry along with my characters. When the book ended, i didn't want to say good-bye. I added a peek into the future a year later, and five years later. 

This is one of the most enjoyable books I have ever written. Thanks for considering it.
Colleen

The stories that led to Sunday Suspicion


1. Mysterious Monday. Where is Juli’s dad?
2. Trouble on Tuesday. Juli's best friend Shannon goes missing
3. Wednesday Witness. What did the Youth Group see?
4. Thursday Trials. Who is stalking Juli’s Lunch Bunch?
5. Friday Flight. Old enemies reappear.
6. Saturday Scare. Danger on Mount Rainier.

Colleen's Author Page



4 comments:

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I'm looking forward to reading Book #7 in the series and then going back and reading the first six!

Linda Weaver Clarke said...

SUPER SLEUTH? Wow! You are so talented to write in so many genres. I love it.

judy said...

I'm partial to the first in this series, but I was thrilled to know how much pleasure writing the seventh brought to you. There's nothing like coming back to old friends, especially when they're characters we ourselves have brought to life!

Colleen L. Reece said...

Thank you, Sandy, Linda, and Judy. I really hated to say good-bye to characters. Sniff,sniff. But happy that they will be out there connecting with old friends and (hopefully) making may new ones.